Roof Top Snow Removal
There are two resulting issues that can cause damage to your home:
- First and foremost, the formation of Ice Dams when snow on the roof melts and freezes again on the eaves.
- As ice dams increase in size, the trapped water will flow into the shingles and leak into the building.
- Ice dams can also put a large amount of pressure on the gutters and eave, causing damage.
- Second is the build up of heavy snow.
- The excess weight of snow can damage roofs, gutters, and down spouts.
- Excess snow can also block the air flow of the building’s ventilation systems, such as those for the furnace and fireplace.
Very important to note: If you are looking for all of the snow on your roof to be removed, we may not be the company to call. We will remove as much snow as can be reached from the ground with a 20′ pole and no more than a 6′ step ladder. So if you have a walk out 3 story home, the most we will get is the 1st 2′ of snow on your roof. Single story homes we can normally get all of the snow and 2 story homes we can get most of the bottom 5′ which will help to prevent ice damming.
Single story homes start at $110.00 to remove the bottom 3-4 feet of snow over your eaves and generally runs around $400.00 to remove all of the snow. This obviously depends on the amount of snow on your roof and the pitch of your roof.